Sunday, January 15, 2006

Catching up

Sorry for not posting in such a long time.
I've only started feeling better a few days ago and I didn't feel like doing much before that, including blogging.
The cold I've had over Xmas and New Year's resulted in having to go to the doctor and getting antibiotics to battle that annoying bronchitis and the wheezing I still had in my chest. I wish I could say it's completely gone but it still isn't. I'm giving it a few more days, if it doesn't get better I've gotta get back to the doc :-(

Choir has started again and I'm trying to keep positive about the piece, even though I hate it. Not the music, don't get me wrong. But the words still bug me bigtime. I've managed to turn some of them into either perverted or funny phrases so that I can at least have some fun singing. This piece feels a lot easier to sing than the Missa Solemnis too so it's not like I have to concentrate on getting the rights notes either. Oh well, can't have it all I suppose.

And whilst on the topic of singing - during the rehearsal break we were told that the caroling at Woking train station has raised over £400!!!!! How cool is that??? I mean, for two hours of singing it's fantastic! And it was so much fun too! I'm so damn proud! :-D

I've started a creative writing course as well - it's only 10 weeks and I've only had one class on Thursday but I already love it! We were paired up in groups of three and each group was given a choice of two characters to choose from. We were supposed to choose one and create a history for the character. It was so much fun - I had so many ideas, they came fast and furious. Of course when working in groups, you have to kinda hold back and let the others have a say too and it worked out alright but not as well as it would have if I'd done it on my own.
Anyway, after developing the character, the teacher told us what she wanted us to do with it. We are supposed to make up a New Year's Resolution for the character and write a short story of less than 1000 words (easy peasy for me after the 50,000 for NaNoWriMo!!!!), including three obstacles the character has to overcome (or not) in order to be successful (or not) with the resolution. Again, we were supposed to agree on one resolution but I had to leave early and the other two in my group couldn't and wouldn't make a decision so the teacher allowed us to each choose our own resolution. Gotta write the story by Thursday... yikes, I've no idea when, I'm busy all week. I'll post it here though, along with comments from the teacher. We're supposed to read them out to the entire class! Another yikes!!!

Have started practising the piano daily too, not much, just about 15 minutes or so but it's better than nothing. I found some piano teachers here in Woking, I just need to give them a call and get started. I can't wait!!! I'm fed up with just playing the first bit of Fur Elise, it bores me to death.

Work is fantastic at the moment - our stupid asshole of a Team Leader is on holiday for 4 weeks!!! YEY! The entire team is so happy, we're all joking around, smiling a lot, chatting and generally feeling much more positive. Random people in the company have noticed and asked us why we're suddenly so happy LOLOL It's good to know we're not the only ones noticing. I actually got so much work done last week - astounding how much more motivated I am when that idiot isn't on our backs watching every step of what we're doing. It's so apparent how much we loathe him, especially now that he's gone. People are more open and relaxed, the atmosphere is breathable again. Very freeing, I have to admit. If only he'd bloody stay away in Australia. They're welcome to him - Eric, won't you convince him to stay please??? Not that I'd want you to have to go through what we're going through, but I'm sure your manager wouldn't let that happen anyway!!!

Can't think of much else to write now, besides it's already more than enough, me thinks ;-) I'll go back to updating this regularly now, promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home