Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Musings at 30

Well, it's the big 3-0 today. Can't say there's any difference in me or in my life so there's not that much to tell.
Had already started feeling "old" a few years ago but even so, I don't feel old old, if that makes any sense. It's just spooky that I can now look back on my life and say "when I was younger". Couldn't have done that at 18 LOL
It's Labor Day today so at least I had the day off from work, which was nice. I didn't do much though... woke up aggravated by that goddamn neighbour above me who didn't have sex at 7.30 in the morning but proceeded to walk around in the bedroom for a good half hour. Good grief, what do you walk half an hour in your apartment for, for God's sake??? Seriously. Have already decided to move out of here once my lease is up - can't STAND having people around me, hearing them all the time. Of course the cardboard buildings in this country don't exactly help.
I did some shopping, bought myself a nice office chair with wheels and all that, it's really comfy. And I bought myself a digital video camera - well, nothing spectacular, I just spent $100 on it but it's gotta be better than the one I currently have. It has a 4x digital zoom so that's all that matters for now. It plays mp3s and can do voice recording AND it takes pictures as well. So it's all good.
Stuffed my face with ice cream and fried chicken, neither of which was too good. Should've listened to Caroline and gotten Krispy Kremes. Believe it or not though, the nearest KK store is about an hour's drive away. Blows my mind that I now live here in the US but it was easier for me to get KKs when I lived in Woking!
Another sign that I need to move South (up here Dunkin Donuts is EVERYWHERE). I don't get the vibe here that much either. The people are different from what I was used to in Nashville. There's still no denying - it's where I wanna be, I just gotta find a way to get there.
See, I'm telling ya - not much has changed with that number. I still ramble on about complete crap in this blog ;-)

Thanks for reading though - and keep those comments coming!!!! (nice to see you again, -mc!)

Off into the new decade now! :-D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (although one day too late). Back from Poland in one piece and with 3 points. So I'm more than happy ;-)

September 05, 2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home