Reunited!
What fun today was! I knew that the worldwide support conference was going to happen this weekend, and that all my old support friends would be flying out to Boston today and I was really looking forward to it!
What I didn't expect was the sheer happiness I felt at seeing them all. It was so good to catch up with everyone (apart from evil team leader - UGH), I laughed so hard, we reminisced a lot, we caught up on everything. It was really, really cool. On top of that I met a very sweet guy that I knew through instant messaging and emailing from Canada support and he turned out to be the sweetest and most talented guy (though he was slightly drunk). I've got a feeling we will become good friends over time, we totally dig eachother. Oh I should mention we all met up in the evening for beer and pizza at their hotel, thus the drunk thing.
I left about three hours later with a huge grin on my face. It's interesting to realize how much I've missed those peeps. With IBM pretty much "decimating" us here, I never had time to start feeling part of a team because the team disbanded very quickly. With these guys, I've got years worth of history in common - we go a LONG way back. And it's cool to see that they missed me as much as I missed them.
It's a huge shame that we didn't have more time to talk but I intend to make that happen when I fly out to the UK at the end of this month. There's gotta be more one-on-one time than we had now, there's still so much to say...
Suffice it to say that I had a lot of fun and it did me a world of good to see everyone again - there's just something about working in a team for a long period of time that automatically makes you grow fonder of eachother as time passes by. I'll miss those nutters when they will leave...
Off to bed now - haven't practiced my guitar or written ANY words in my NaNo novel today! I shall catch up over the weekend, I promise!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home