Miserable...
Well, wish I could write something more entertaining but I've spent the best part of last week sick in bed. Sore throat, headaches, runny nose - you name it, I've got it.
The only good thing about it was that I actually was with it enough to be able to read. I've gone through the first 8 Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich in 7 days. A record even by my standards but her novels are so easy to read and they're really quite good fun! (Thanks Corinna for the tip!!!!).
I had taken Monday and Tuesday off to have a long weekend coupled with July 4th which was Wednesday but being sick I didn't quite get to enjoy my time off as I'd planned.
It stands to reason that I'd stay at home on Thursday too seeing as I was probably the most miserable on that day but I didn't want to miss out on a lot of my colleague's last day at work.
July 5th should have been my end date with this job too - I should've been the one saying goodbye to everyone and turning my back to the building in Bedford and never look back. As things are, I was extended for two more months so my new end date is September 5th. Either I get the job I applied for in Raleigh, NC or I just don't know if sticking around here is really worth it. At the moment I truly don't believe it is. But then again, I change my mind every five minutes when it comes to this so let's sit tight and wait.
It was a very emotional day at work yesterday - lots of tears, hugs and promises to keep in touch. I've only been with the company stateside for a year so to me it's not really hurting too much. Some of those people leaving had been with MRO 15 years or more. It blows my mind how in the big scheme of a bigass company you're a nobody. There's no difference to them if you're there or not. They would never notice either way and you really don't count. People say that's Coporate America but that's not true. It's not just America. It's like this everywhere. People just don't matter anymore. I say we need to populate the moon or some other planet and start a brand new civilization with proper values in place... if that fails, I'd just like a few million dollars so I can buy my own island and not have to deal with this shit anymore.
The third floor of the building is now almost completely empty - it's going to be very weird going to work there without all those people to talk to anymore. Such is life, I guess...
Back to bed - I slept through most of today but I could sleep again right now... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home