Stumbling Upon
Ever since I installed the StumbleUpon plugin/addon for Firefox, I have neglected using it. I remember at the very beginning, I spent HOURS going from site to site, forever marvelling at how many sites there are out there about photography, music, games, crafts and all other interests I had marked in my StumbleUpon profile.
I happened to be bored of my usual internet routine today and remembered StumbleUpon - so I clicked on the button and off I went. Many hours later, I must confess that I'm envious of some people, particularly those that are not just creative but actually DO something with it. And in particular bloggers who actually UPDATE their blogs and not just with entries but also with photos of their creative endeavours. Quite cool ones, even!
I had promised myself that once I have a digital camera I would start taking more pictures but the truth of it is - how many pictures can you take in your own 4 walls? Since I'm not a person who enjoys going out and seeing new things, photography is very limited to my everyday surroundings and those get really boring after a while. It doesn't help that I'm always driving somewhere, never actually walking anymore which makes it even harder to take the camera out if I see something cool!
I don't much see a solution for the time being. Maybe with the summer coming I'll feel more inspired to get out and about and be more proactive in my photography. I'd love to get back to taking pictures like I used to when I took that course many years ago - so maybe that will be an option. We shall see.
In the meantime, I shall continue to be green with envy at others and StumbleUpon many more to get my 'creative fix'.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home