Saturday, October 15, 2011

My way or the Segway!

Today was a balancing act... literally!!!
For my birthday, Ally and Julian got me a ''Go Ape Forest Segway' experience for an hour! I'd heard of the Segways from friends and colleagues who'd ridden them in California (along the beach... *sigh*) but never realized they could be driven on uneven terrain!

Just so you can see what this looks like, check out this video:



Let me tell you... it looks a LOT easier than it is! To start with, you have to find your balance on that thing which has NOTHING that grounds you. So the only way to make the Segway stop still is to be balanced and relaxed. Of course when you start, you're anything but!!!

Still, over the course of the next hour, I learned to relax and totally enjoy it. Little hills and tight curves just became a cool challenge! :) And when the hour was over, I was utterly disappointed and was left wanting more!!!

A nice pub lunch finished off a lovely day - thanks Ally and Julian for such a cool present! :)

P.S. I took my video camera to film along the way but you can't ride the Segway with one hand so no footage is available :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Wolfgang said...

Liebe Maky,
diese Maschinen kannte ich nicht, bis ich den Film AGENT CODY BANKS aus dem Jahre 2003 gesehen habe, in dem die vorkommen...
Coole Geräte!
Mit herzlichem Gruß
Wolfgang

November 07, 2011 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home