What is a blog?!?!?
After a conversation with my sister today I had to shockingly realize that there are people out there who have no idea what a blog is.
Needless to say I feel compelled to educate those who've never heard of a blog - maybe it will lighten up their days as much as some blogs have lit up mine.
Wikipedia's definition of a blog is as follows:
A weblog (usually shortened to blog, but occasionally spelled web log) is a web-based publication consisting primarily of periodic articles (normally in reverse chronological order). Although most early weblogs were manually updated, tools to automate the maintenance of such sites made them accessible to a much larger population, and the use of some sort of web application software is now a typical aspect of "blogging".
For the full article and explanation follow this link.
I've read many blogs but I can't really say that any of them fascinated me enough to check back daily. With one exception, that is. If you speak German and are interested in some really funny and intelligent blog entries you should go to VIG's Daily Soap and check out all her entries. I promise you won't be disappointed.
As for the English speakers (and those who love Google as much as I do) - the internal Google blog is always fun to read so check it out. It should keep you updated on everything Google and their new products.
And if you now feel that a blog could be something you'd quite like to do yourself - go to Blogger and they will provide you with a very simple template to create your own blog and share your thoughts and opinions with the world! (Make sure you let me know when you do...)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home