More games
I've just returned from a second Monday night of playing games with complete strangers. I managed to avoid the guy I had instantly taken a dislike to last time but unfortunately his little girl (who can be cute) was extremely annoying tonight and kept interrupting people playing games. Not that her father cared either way.
The games I played tonight were called "Ingenious" which was a fun game, I'd quite like to play that again soon, then whatever the game Ligretto is called in the US (it has such a weird name, I can never remember it) and then we played something called "10 days in USA" which was also kinda fun but not great.
All in all, there's not enough time to play all the cool games everyone brings in... it's such a shame we can't do it more than one night a week but I guess it would be overkill.
On a skating note, I've had a few more lessons since I last posted about my skating adventures and I've learned a few new "tricks". Currently I'm working very hard on forward crossovers and on backwards anything! LOL I'm trying to get the confidence to skate backwards on one foot but it's really hard and I just get frustrated with myself a lot. Not to say that I stop practising, just that it's frustrating to see almost no result. The trick is, of course, to count every single tiny success as a big success but being the perfectionist that I am, I just can't be happy with any less than perfect. Yeah, cause that is SO going to happen.
The new thing I've learned and I'm trying to practice too is called "consecutive inside/outside edges". The basic idea of this is to make S shapes across one straight line. So you start out on the right foot inside edge going straight, then you turn your upper body to the left, your left foot moves right in front of the right foot but does not touch the ice for a while, then you set your left foot on the ice, push with your right foot, glide on your left, turn your body to the right, right foot in front of the left but not touching the ice and then the whole thing starts again from the beginning. Same goes if you do all this on outside edges, but obviously those are harder cause you gotta trust yourself a lot more. So I'm working on these as well as on the dreaded crossovers (which sometimes work and sometimes I just can't get the courage up to do them, heaven knows why!) and the backwards skating. Oh and the spinning. I'm not getting very far with that either because as soon as I've found my balance during the spin and I feel that I'm getting faster, I put the brakes on. Which of course throws me off balance totally and breaks the spin. So it's not very pretty LOL
I guess all that matters at this particular point is that I am continuing with my lessons, I continue to practice 3 times a week and I'm still loving it (apart from today cause it just sucked, everything about practice today sucked).
So now I'm too tired to write any more, besides it's already long enough. Night night ;-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home