On stage...
Wow, what a feeling - to be on stage again. I'd forgotten what it was like, how I love it, how it makes my heart want to explode with pride and happiness.
After joining the Woking Choral Society sometime at the end of March I finally performed live with the choir at the H.G. Wells centre in Woking last night.
We'd had 11 or 12 weeks to prepare the pieces we did for the concert and to be very honest (and as usual, extremely critical) I felt like we weren't nearly as ready as we should've been. I didn't feel 100% confident, there were lots of parts that didn't sit well and I knew I'd mess them up during the concert.
And yet, at 7.30 last night we were up on stage performing those songs (check the link above to see what we performed). I was incredibly nervous at first, I could barely breathe (bad thing when you've got to sing!!! LOL). Thankfully we only performed 3 songs and had a break of about 20 minutes while the soloist and pianists performed their pieces. I calmed down a lot during that time.
When it was our turn again, I was totally into it and loved every second of it (not so much the Nonsense songs though). My overly critical ear heard every little mistake we'd tried to iron out in previous rehearsals but it didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying myself.
It was over way too soon - I was totally high afterwards and then totally down. Making music, singing, being on stage does that to me. Just like being on a rollercoaster ride, there's ups and downs - and the end of the concert was a huge anti-climax.
On top of that comes the fact that we've only got two more weeks choir rehearsal where we'll just be singing a little piece by Rossini (I think) and then there's a good 2 months summer break. I'm already looking forward to summer being over and our weekly rehearsals starting again.
I'll finish this with a picture of the lovely bouquet of flowers I've received to wish me good luck - they're BLUE! (thanks A&J!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home