Ice skaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, what a rush! I just got back from one and a half hours of ice skating and I'm high as a kite!
I was so excited all day, I couldn't stop grinning. But as the time got closer to actually going, I started having doubts, being scared... by the time we got there, my heart was going a million miles a minute. After realizing that on Friday evenings the skating rink turned into a disco and dating ground for teenagers (heaven help us!!!), we resigned ourselves to the fact that we'd have to try to ignore them. Well, there were LOTS of them and the place was packed. But we got our rental skates and slowly got on the ice.
SCAAAARY!!! My feet were all over the place and it took me a good 10 minutes to remember what ice skating was like! Could it really be that I haven't done this in over 15 years???
What can I say... my plans to learn to skate backwards were quickly scraped and I simply went round and round and round. My feet were killing me after about 3 minutes but I continued on - it wasn't the skates, they were surprisingly painless but I was really tense and stiff as a board. I gradually loosened up which was nice and I managed to skate a few rounds fairly fast. I didn't fall once! :-D
What can I say... I loved it but I won't be going back to such a full rink. I need to call them up and see which sessions are the least busy ones, I need to get more confident in order to try other things.
Unfortunately cameras were not allowed so I am not able to post a pic here but I shall try next time.
I'm so glad I did this - I had forgotten how fascinated I always was with skating but I never really followed up on it. I will be going back soon and I can't wait! :-D
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home