Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thank heavens...

... it's finally over. No more St. Mathew Passion by Bach. Halleluja!
We performed it last night at Guildford Cathedral and it was without a doubt the most boring thing I've ever had to sing and sit through. I feel bad for everyone that's come out to see me.
Apart from being allergic to the "lyrics", I also found the music pretty bland and what's worse, not very challenging. And, of course, the fact that the choir doesn't sing through the entire piece made it even more boring. We had to sit and stand and sit and stand about a million times - UGH. So glad it's over. Besides, whilst the audience didn't seem to notice, I personally thought we weren't very good. We missed our cues, got the rhythm wrong a few times and just generally weren't as good as we can be.
But hey, I can now say I performed in a Cathedral - truth be told, I would've bowed out of rehearsing/performing this piece if we hadn't done the performance in the Cathedral. It just wasn't worth the aggravation I felt going into rehearsals each Monday.

Either way - it's OVER!!!
Onwards to Vaughan Williams "5 English Folk Songs", Rutter's "Birthday Madrigals" and some opera choruses, to be performed at the end of June. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home