Heartbroken
I don't know when I thought the actual grief of moving away to the US would swap over me. I had hoped never but that was quite unrealistic. I also knew that without a doubt, the nearest and dearest to me in this country have grown to be the members of Woking Choir.
I know... it sounds ridiculous in a way. I hardly know these people, I barely know their names, most are 40+ years older. And yet, somehow, this choir has grown so dear to my heart that at this very moment, after the last rehearsal I'm ever going to have with Woking Choir, I'm a sobbing mess, feeling sorry for myself, grieving for something that I never thought could mean so much to me.
It's only been a year since I joined but it feels like I've been with them forever. Not only have they enabled me to get back to what I love doing the most. No, they've also given me a sense of community, of belonging, of home.
And maybe as I'm saying goodbye to more and more people and places it'll get easier and it won't feel like I'm never going to be able to stop crying ever again.
Yeah right... who am I kidding?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home