Sunday, August 30, 2009

One of these days...

... I will have a house just like these! Mark my words! LOL

Here's the background story. Last week, on my way back from work, I took a diversion to escape a traffic jam. I turned into this tiny street that looked like it would go through the forest and for a minute or two, it did. Then suddenly, both to the left and right I started seeing gates. And fences. And big, massive houses. Thankfully there was nobody behind me so I managed to stop in front of a few and gawp at them. I couldn't believe that I actually pass this street on my way to work every single day and yet didn't know about these magnificent houses?
Once I got home I Google Mapped them and looky there... satellite pictures from above told me everything I needed to know. They were mansions, secluded and hidden behind trees, with huge gardens, swimming pools and tennis courts. Couldn't see most of this from the street of course.
I decided if I ever want to own something like that maybe it would help to visualize them on a daily basis so I resolved to go back, park my car on a parallel street and take some pictures. Which is exactly what I did today.

Now, please bear in mind that I made the stupid mistake to think I would need a big zoom lens for my camera when I didn't. So unfortunately, most pics you see are 'close-ups' because I couldn't zoom out far enough without ending up in the bushes! LOL

Still, enjoy the pictures - I know I enjoyed my little photography trip! :)

So let's start with the fences/gates/walls that were surrounding these massive houses.













Now moving on to other random things, like a house facade, a sign, a footpath and some other houses.








The gates of this one looked so very cool and the house behind it, too even though I really couldn't see too much!





And whilst I was walking around, due to all those trees and fences and gates, I came across a lot of mirrors like these! :-)





And last but by no means least... my personal favorite. This house was not hidden too far behind trees and greenery and simply looked divine. Loved the white picket fence around it, the drive with the fountain in the middle and the overall 'whiteness' of it. Somehow, houses in this country always have to be a depressing brown and this wasn't! When I get to build my house, it will be rather similar to this one, me thinks! :-)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home