Saturday, November 07, 2009

Bookbinding taster day!

I had forgotten how much I love bookbinding! I remember doing this bookbinding class about 12 or 13 years ago in Germany and loving it! I learned to create little notebooks, folders, portfolios, even boxes - all from scratch! My 'crafty' mind was in heaven! I kept with it for a few years making presents for people but then over time I forgot all about it.

When I saw this one-day class being advertised in the local Adult Learning booklet, I jumped at the chance.
Being there today has reminded me how cool this really is, how simple (at times) it can be and also nerve-wrecking!!!
I think I will definitely go back to doing this more often now - I just gotta remember what I did with all my paraphrenalia for bookbinding!!! :-)

So enjoy - apologies for the blurry pictures, I only had my phone with me and it's not very good at taking close up pictures!


(I even made the paper myself! Well, painted it, that is! :-)







(This is the actual color of the notebook - vibrant orange and blue!)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home