Saturday, December 03, 2011

Flying high

I have literally just returned from singing Mendelssohn's Elijah with my choir tonight.
I made a shitload of mistakes (BAD Maky) but even so, it was absofuckinglutely BRILLIANT!!!
Magnificent, even! I can't believe how well we pulled it off and how it all flowed.
The soloist singing the part of Elijah was unfrigginbelievable! When he opened his mouth during rehearsals everyone went 'whoooaaaaa'. Brilliant. The other soloists were good too, the orchestra did well and Ben seemed totally hyper at the end. If only I could've taken a picture of his face in the last few seconds of the piece - he looked high as a kite! LOLOL
Overall, a fantastic performance, if I may toot my own horn. After all that hard work it totally paid off. We were on FIRE! :)

'Nuff said. Tomorrow will be a different kind of concert which I'm sure will be so bad that I will completely forget to mention it. And it's probably best to leave things on a high note! Ha, see what I did there? High note? I'm so funny, I crack myself up! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home