Sunday, February 18, 2007

Some voices...

...just get me. In the most unexpected moments I hear a song, a particular voice and it just grabs me.
When I left the UK I took most of my few DVDs with me - one of which was my then newly acquired "Irish Unplugged" DVD. A recording of a live concert with some Irish artists but I only bought it for one particular singer/songwriter. Kieran Goss.
There are many, MANY incredibly wonderful things that happened to me during Expo 2000 in Hanover. Discovering Kieran was one of them.
I remember going to a songwriter's concert on the Expo site sometime in the fall of 2000 and watching this little bald guy open his mouth and melting away at the sound of his voice. The song he had written with others the previous week, "Smile", is and always be my favorite Kieran song because it was the first one I ever heard him sing and because it's a magnificent song (sadly I can't link it for you to hear as he STILL hasn't recorded it!!!).
Ever since I've been to see Kieran in concert 4 times, both in the UK and in Germany and those were some of the best musical moments of my life. And I've had quite a few really!!!!! LOL

For some reason, I took the DVD out tonight and played the first song of his - and there it was again. It just GOT ME. There is something about certain moments, combined with certain music and lyrics and voices that just takes over and I end up with tears running down my face through the entire song. Not sad tears, quite the opposite. In a way, it's a display of the emotional euphoria I feel at that particular moment and the coolest thing about it is that it just happens. I can't forsee what will trigger it, when it will be, who I'll be with, what I'll be doing. But it's so new and special everytime and it makes me happy to know that I am able to appreciate it for what it is.

Anyway... enough babble - here's the link to this particular first song on that DVD.


Kieran Goss - That's what love is for


Enjoy, it is one of my favorites of Kieran's! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home