Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ohhhh boy...

Well, I'd always guessed it. Really, I could tell even without seeing it with my own eyes.
Yet nothing prepared me for the shock of actually watching myself sing on a video tape. UGH.
So granted, I do smile a lot of the time but during the actual singing, the higher notes and particularly hard passages, I look completely deranged. There's just no other way to put it.
A friend of mine from choir had obtained a brief few minutes of a videotaping of Beethoven's 9th. You know the concert we did in April? Well, I'm there in plain view of the camera and seriously some of the face contortions look downright demented. My eyebrows shoot up almost to my hairline (fine, so what if it does improve pitch quality), my mouth makes shapes I never knew possible (again, improves pitch quality) and I actually bob my head along with the music sometimes (no excuse for that other than pure enjoyment)!!!

Yikes... better never to look at it again. Might actually put me off singing!!! No way in hell will I ever let anything or anyone take that joy from me, no matter how retarded and freakish I look doing it! Yeah, that's the best thing to do. Don't watch again, Maky. Just listen :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home