Back
Well, I'm back from Canada. Without writing too much about it, turns out I needn't have bothered going over the border. They never removed my I-94 white slip of paper and replaced it with a green one for visitors. Apparently (after conferring with eachother for about 5 minutes), they decided it wasn't necessary and I'd have some kind of grace period. Wish I'd gotten that in writing though. Someone's word won't do me any good once I try to get back to the US in the future and they pull me over at Immigration. Oh well, I'll deal with that when the time comes.
The trip was fairly uneventful, I made it up to Montreal in about four and a half hours which was cool. Beautiful drive too, up I-89 through NH and VT. Even though I'm missing out on the real foliage changes, some trees already had hues of reds and yellows - I can only imagine what that will be like in a month.
Once in Montreal I seeked out the old Expo 67 site - not much left there apart from the US pavilion which is now a museum, but MAN, is it cool!!!! The entire structure is totally awe-inspiring. I just sat there looking at it for something like 15 minutes. I couldn't get enough.
Here are some pictures of it - it's now called the "Biosphere". Back in 67, there were some plexiglas panels in the structure but apparently it burned down some years ago. The structure however remains.





Also there, this little birdie came very close to me and I had to take a few pics of it (thankfully it didn't come too close or I'd've been a goner)

And then there was this little guy who didn't seem too disturbed by people either. Guess they're used to them by now.

Oh and then there was this building complex, also part of what was built back in 67 called Habitat67. It looks so weird, honestly. But have a look yourself - people actually live there and apparently it's fantastic!


I was going to go into downtown Montreal but I got lost and couldn't be bothered to drive around any longer so I just turned around and got back onto the highway going south. It took me a lot longer this time but I did have to stop for gas, Taco Bell and Ben & Jerry's factory visit. Yum, yum ice cream!!!! :-)
Oh and did I mention - I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home