Things I found out about myself...
1. I truly enjoy being alone. I know that's really no news but in the past 6 days I realized that the concentration I got into for this stupid uni project wouldn't have materialized had I been surrounded by people and their demands. And with both phones switched off, the internet turned off too (most of the time anyway - I can't always resist temptation) I felt truly content and very much "me-focused". Something I hadn't done in... I don't know... months. Maybe more than a year. And definitely something I need.
2. And kinda based on the above mentioned point, I also found out how my brain works in terms of "day to day demands of life". I'll explain.
On Friday morning I woke up knowing I had 6 days just to myself. No work, no other commitments. Just me and time. And the project. I actually managed to get so much done the first three days. I was really suprised at myself.
Then on Monday I suddenly started feeling... strange. Not commited anymore. The want to keep going with the project lessened by the hour. And I couldn't figure out why!
Well, I found it out yesterday. After spending the entire day doing NADA and feeling terribly guilty about it, I realized that it had to do with the fact that in my weirdly switched brain the fact that going back to work was nearing made me wanna "enjoy" the last few days I had off. I knew if I actually had the next two weeks off, my brain wouldn't feel that I needed to "seize every opportunity to have a few hours to myself" but it would know I would have those hours for the next two weeks. See what I mean?
Oh well, even if not - I wasn't aware of that before so I had to capture it for future reference for myself.
I'll say - THAT's why I need a millionaire husband. Knowing I could have all the time off in the world would actually make me work harder and better. But then that contradicts point 1 so let's forget the last sentence *sigh*.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home